Join Father Philip Eldracher and Justin as they finish the Apostles' Creed with a discussion on hell, and why we should think often of hell in order to avoid sin. This last episode of the season concludes Part 1, Chapter 2 of the Catechism.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
You can show your appreciation by supporting the Australian Mission where Fr. Eldracher is based by helping out with this crowd funder (remember that your USD goes a lot further in Australian dollars!): https://www.gofundme.com/f/pduge-buying-a-new-church?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet-first-launch&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer and https://www.givesendgo.com/mhc_chapel
Part I On Faith (continued)
Chapter II. Chief Truths of Faith (continued)
The Twelfth Article
'And life everlasting. Amen.'
5. What will be the life of the wicked through all eternity?
6. What is hell in the words of Christ?
7. Who shall be condemned to the torments of hell?
8. What sort of pains shall the souls of the damned suffer?
9. Whence do we know that the pains of the damned are eternal?
10. Why are the pains of the condemned souls eternal?
11. Will the pains of all the damned be equal?
12. Will all those who are condemned to eternal hellfire be condemned by their own fault?
13. What do you understand by the ‘Four Last Things’ of man?
14. Of what use is the frequent remembrance of the four last things to us?
15. With what word do we conclude the Apostles’ Creed?
16. Why do we conclude the Apostles’ Creed with this word?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: March 28, 2019
Show Run Time: 31 minutes
Show Guest: Father Philip Eldracher
Show Host: Justin Eldracher
Individual Season 8 Show Price: Not available.
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2019. All Rights are Reserved.