In this episode, Father Philip Eldracher and Peter Eldracher finish discussing the First Commandment of the Church before moving onto the Second which is, "to observe the laws of abstinence and fasting laid down by the Church."
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
You can show your appreciation by supporting the Australian Mission where Fr. Eldracher is based by helping out with this crowd funder (remember that your USD goes a lot further in Australian dollars!): https://www.gofundme.com/f/pduge-buying-a-new-church?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet-first-launch&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer and https://www.givesendgo.com/mhc_chapel
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter 3: The Six Commandments of the Church. The First and Second Commandment of the Church
Pages 216 – 217 The Six Commandments of the Church: The First Commandment of the Church
8. When do we sin against this command of the Church?
9. Where should the faithful hear Mass on Sundays and Holydays?
10. Why does the Church wish that the faithful should attend Divine Service especially in their parish church?
11. Does this Commandment of the Church also command us to hear the sermon?
12. Why are all Christians bound to hear the word of God?
13. How should we hear the word of God?
Pages 217 – 218 The Six Commandments of the Church: The Second Commandment of the Church
1. What does the Second Commandment of the Church oblige us to do?
2. What does the law of abstinence forbid?
3. What does the law of fasting prescribe?
4. Is it permitted to eat both flesh and fish at the same meal on days of fasting which are not also days of abstinence?
5. What days does the law of abstinence, as apart from the law of fasting, oblige us to observe?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: March 22, 2022
Show Run Time: 39 minutes
Show Host: Peter Eldracher
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2022. All Rights are Reserved.