In this first episode of the season, Father Philip Eldracher is joined by his brother, Peter Eldracher, as they discuss the Sixth and Ninth Commandments and the means to avoid sins against holy purity.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
You can show your appreciation by supporting the Australian Mission where Fr. Eldracher is based by helping out with this crowd funder (remember that your USD goes a lot further in Australian dollars!): https://www.gofundme.com/f/pduge-buying-a-new-church?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet-first-launch&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer and https://www.givesendgo.com/mhc_chapel
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter 2: On the Ten Commandments of God (continued) The Six and Ninth Commandments of God.
Pages 200 – 204 The Sixth and Ninth Commandments
1. What does the Sixth Commandment forbid?
2. What is it that generally leads to impurity?
3. What does the Ninth Commandment forbid?
4. Are impure thoughts and desires always sins?
5. When do we sin by impure thoughts?
6. When do we sin by impure desires?
7. What should we do when we are tempted by impure thoughts and desires?
8. Why must we most carefully guard against impurity?
9. Why is this sin so shameful?
10. What are the consequences of impurity?
11. Is every sin of impurity a grievous sin?
12. Are all sins of impurity equally grievous?
13. What are we to do when we doubt whether anything is a sin against purity?
14. What are we 'commanded' by the Sixth and Ninth Commandments?
15. What means should we employ in order to preserve our innocence?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: March 4, 2022
Show Run Time: 39 minutes
Show Host: Peter Eldracher
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2022. All Rights are Reserved.