Join Father Philip Eldracher and Alexander Arthur for the first episode of the season where they begin studying the Second Commandment of God with a discussion on sins against His Holy Name, on blasphemies, on oaths, and more.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
You can show your appreciation by supporting the Australian Mission where Fr. Eldracher is based by helping out with this crowd funder (remember that your USD goes a lot further in Australian dollars!): https://www.gofundme.com/f/pduge-buying-a-new-church?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet-first-launch&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer and https://www.givesendgo.com/mhc_chapel
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter 2: On the Ten Commandments of God (continued) The Second Commandment of God.
Pages 182 – 185 The Second Commandment
1. What does the Second Commandment forbid?
2. How do we profane the name of God?
3. How do we sin by irreverently pronouncing God's holy name?
4. How do we sin by deriding religion?
5. What is meant by blasphemy?
6. May we also become guilty of blasphemy by thoughts?
7. What is swearing or taking an oath?
8. Is it ever lawful to take an oath?
9. Are we bound to keep a lawful oath?
10. How do we sin by swearing?
11. What means swearing falsely, or in doubt?
12. What are we to think of perjury or a false oath?
13. When a person has sworn to do something evil, or to omit something that is good, is he bound to keep such an oath?
14. What do you mean by cursing?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: September 7, 2021
Show Run Time: 29 minutes
Show Host: Alexander Arthur
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2021. All Rights are Reserved.