In this season finale of This is Catholicism, Father Philip Eldracher and Peter Eldracher finish their discussions on the Commandments of the Church by discussing the Third, Fourth, and Fifth Commandments. Please note that the Sixth Commandment of the Church, according to the book, will be covered with the Sacrament of Matrimony.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
You can show your appreciation by supporting the Australian Mission where Fr. Eldracher is based by helping out with this crowd funder (remember that your USD goes a lot further in Australian dollars!): https://www.gofundme.com/f/pduge-buying-a-new-church?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet-first-launch&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer and https://www.givesendgo.com/mhc_chapel
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter 3: The Six Commandments of the Church. The Third, Fourth, and Fifth Commandments of the Church
Pages 221 – 223 The Six Commandments of the Church: The Third, Fourth, and Fifth Commandments of the Church
1. What are we commanded by the Third and Fourth Commandments of the Church?
2. To whom must the confession be made?
3. Where are we to receive Easter Communion?
4. At what age are we obliged to go to Confession and Communion?
5. Why has the Church commanded that the Blessed Sacrament should be received during Easter-time?
6. Ought we to think it sufficient to receive Holy Communion once in the year?
7. Why, then, does the Church not command us to communicate oftener?
8. What are we commanded to do by the Fifth Commandment of the Church?
9. Are we bound in conscience and in justice to contribute to the support of our Pastors?
10. Does this Commandment of the Church apply only to heads of families?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: March 30, 2022
Show Run Time: 26 minutes
Show Host: Peter Eldracher
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2022. All Rights are Reserved.