In this episode, Father Philip Eldracher and Alexander Arthur discuss the Fourth Commandment of God and the duties it obliges in regard to our parents.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
You can show your appreciation by supporting the Australian Mission where Fr. Eldracher is based by helping out with this crowd funder (remember that your USD goes a lot further in Australian dollars!): https://www.gofundme.com/f/pduge-buying-a-new-church?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet-first-launch&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer and https://www.givesendgo.com/mhc_chapel
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter 2: On the Ten Commandments of God (continued) The Fourth Commandment of God.
Pages 189 – 191 The Fourth Commandment
1. What is commanded by the Fourth Commandment?
2. Why must children reverence, love, and obey their parents?
3. How should children reverence their parents?
4. How should children love their parents?
5. How should children obey their parents?
6. What have children to expect who faithfully observe the Fourth Commandment?
7. When do children sin against the reverence they owe to their parents?
8. When do children sin against the love they owe to their parents?
9. When do children sin against the obedience due to their parents?
10. What have those children to expect who do not fulfill their duties towards their parents?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: September 17, 2021
Show Run Time: 39 minutes
Show Host: Alexander Arthur
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2021. All Rights are Reserved.