In this episode of The Councils, Father and Stephen look at the legacy of the Council of Trent. We still live in a “post-Trent” era, one that Christians for 1500 years never saw. Things that came out of the Council that we now take as givens include:
- A Universal Catechism and Calendar
- A Code of Canon Law (which would be finally collected and issued under St. Pius X in one volume)
- A standard Mass and breviary
- Seminaries and universal training standards for priests
- Bishops only holding one see and residing in that see
- Regular synods held by bishops
- The Index of Forbidden Books
- Congregation of Rites
- Congregation of the Council
This is one of the most important Councils in Church history and certainly the most important in our era.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: April 23, 2022
Show Run Time: 34 minutes
Show Host: Stephen Heiner
Show Guest: Fr. Arnold Trauner
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
The Councils℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2022. All Rights are Reserved.